yum vs rpm.

Kevin Francis kevin at loose-screws.com
Thu Nov 13 11:48:55 UTC 2003

I am going to assume here, that yum is the tool of choice for Fedora Core.

If that assumption is correct, we should discourage people from using
apt-get/synaptic, seeing as how this is a sure fire way of seeing those
`rpm lock-up' complaints.

Perhaps an FAQ or something explaining how to make yum go faster ( -C )
is in order. The #1 complaint about yum is the fact that it updates all
the time.

Remove that, and it's maybe ... 5 seconds slower than apt? And it's
designed for the task.

I send this to the test-list, as this will probably be of concern to the
people putting out the next test.

--
Kevin G. Francis
<http://denial.loose-screws.com/>