RPM .spec package building- current docs?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Nov 19 23:20:33 UTC 2003

DanG wrote :

> Hi folks can people give me some info or links to the latest docs for
> building src and binary rpm packages. I'd like to learn how to build my
> own RPMs. I'd like a current doc on spec file variables and functions. I
> already have Maximum RPM and the rpm howto. Also any links to any
> build-tools or scripts for building RPMs would be great. I remember
> seeing some build environment tools for setting up a non-root build
> structure for users to build rpms.

Well, you could have a quick glance at my "Fight" document if you already
have the basics wrto rpm usage. Also, peeking at existing spec files is the
perfect complement to Maximum RPM for learning... all mine are available.

http://freshrpms.net/docs/fight/
http://freshrpms.net/packages/builds/

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl
Load : 0.14 0.35 0.36