bluetooth

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at web.de
Sat Nov 1 01:37:54 UTC 2003

Hi there!

I'm trying to set up my MSI bluetooth USB dongle. On boot I get an
error, something like:
"insmod bluez failed:
there is already a module named hci_usb." Sometimes i get this message
twice.
I wonder where this comes from, for hci_usb is not in my modules.conf.
When i add it to the blacklist of hotplugd it isn't loaded at all.

Can anybody tell me about the init-script or whatever starts bluetooth??

I can find little or no information about this. Also there is no default
config for bluez. The folder /etc/bluetooth is empty. I think a default
hcid.conf and bluepin etc should be in there.

Do I need to apply the Holtmann kernel patches or are they included? All
necessary modules are present, but I cant load some of them because of
unmatched symbols. I think I need to build a custom kernel...

Any hints?

Christoph
--
Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert at web.de>