internet not working with arjan's 2.6 testkernels

Tim Kossack tim_kossack at web.de
Sat Nov 1 11:57:25 UTC 2003

Am Fre, den 31.10.2003 schrieb Alejandro González Hernández - Imoq um
17:12:
> On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 23:10, Michael Kearey wrote:
>
> > Yes, I have noticed that a laptop will work just fine at one site but
> > not work at home. Turn off ECN and it's working everywhere.
> >
> > Just try turning off ECN in kernel to confirm?
>
> I am sorry I wasn't clearer.
>
> ECN is off and it still doesn't work with Arjan's precompiled kernel,
> but it does work if I get the source, the config file and just recompile
> it.

hm, i followed michael's advice (thank you very much) and at least my
laptop is working now when i turn off ECN.
however, it seems that i have to newly turn it off every time i
reboot-is this normal?
is there a way to switch it off forever?

thanks,
tim