Setting Default System Theme

moe moe at blagblagblag.org
Sun Nov 2 18:46:26 UTC 2003

stephan schutter wrote:
> make a test user, then make it look like you want (add backgrounds,
> fonts, icons etc.); then logout. Now copy that whole userfolder and
> replace etc/skel. Now, anyone that logs on gets whatever preferences
> that your test user had.

The files that get written in the userdir are gconf XML files that have that
particular username in them, so they can't just be copied to /etc/skel. In
other words, if user rms changes themes, the config files have the text "rms"
in them--they are not generic changes that can be dropped into /etc/skel.

I realize that your solution points to a workaround, but Fedora sets the
default to Bluecurve somehow/somewhere. I would like to change the default
the Fedora way. :)

Thanks,

-Jeff