Delay? Looks bad for Fedora

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Nov 3 23:57:47 UTC 2003

Mark Hutchinson wrote:
> How many of you that are currently running RH up to version 9 on many
> servers are now planning to move away from RedHat?  I would certainly
> prefer not to, but fedora does not seem like a solid bet.  I pay for
> RH subscritions and have 9 installed on about 60-70 servers, and have
> purchased the box sets before, but I dont like the way Fedora popped
> up.  Are others going to keep Fedora on thier servers?

I personally plan on running Fedora on all my servers. I beliuve,
because I work on it, that Fedora will on the average be of equal or
higher quality than RH in the past. To me Fedora wont be very different
than the earlier RHL except a different name, more frequent bugfix
packages between releases, and a larger package selection from Fedora
Extras.

Warren