3com 3c905x cards and Kudzu problems?

DanG dgenn at rogers.com
Tue Nov 4 03:50:27 UTC 2003

Hi folks,

            I have had the same problem with my pci 3c905x card initializing
with Fedora since beta2 and it still exists in the current beta. I have some
pretty good basic hardware an ASUS P2B BX based mainboard and P3 500 with
396 MB ram etc. All supported hardware that worked like a charm with Redhat
since release 7.0 to 9. What I found with Fedora was that the card did not
initialize properly at boot therefore no IP. The problem is with Kudzu
running at boot and this card initializing. If I turn off Kudzu at the boot
run level (through chkconfig) and reboot the network card works like a charm
and initializes. If I boot with Kudzu on then stop Kudzu and try restarting
the network service eth0 still fails to initialize. I have to have Kudzu off
during boot for the 3c905X to work. Very weird. Anyone know of a workaround
or solution to this without turning Kudzu off? I am using kernel
2.4.22-1.2088.nptl.

Thanks,

Dan