TUX on test 3

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Tue Nov 4 14:53:33 UTC 2003

Sorry, that is one of those things that takes significant work to maintain
as a patch and so was dropped from the Fedora Core kernel as an initial
step toward our goal of being as close to upstream as possible.

Our current goal is to prepare tux for potential inclusion in the 2.7
kernel development stream.  (We meant to earlier but a few important
things like the O(1) scheduler, NPTL, and the 4g/4g split got in the
way...)

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 05:56:08PM +0200, Dima Gutzeit wrote:
> TUX protocol version mismatch, kernel 2 != daemon 3

An unimplemented TUX interface version call implies either kernel
protocol version 2 or TUX not implemented.  kernel protocol version
3 was the first to introduce the kernel protocol version.  kernel
protocol version 1 was only used in testing.  kernel protocol version
3 was introduced to support biarch architectures, fwiw.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/