Questioning RH's decisions to remain a viable and independent company?

Randy Vice damocles at thenostromo.com
Tue Nov 4 15:52:47 UTC 2003

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Martin Sturm wrote:

<snip>

> I prefer a Linux distribution owning a monopoly on the operation system
> market over Microsoft. A Linux-distro, at least most parts of it, are
> fully open-source, so it is easy to use an alternative-distro or
> operation system because standards, fileformats etc. are open.
>
> More interesting: Will Ximian still be available for Red Hat base
> operating systems? Ximian Desktop was already available for SuSE, but i
> can imagen that Ximian will stop supporting Red Hat.

Since we are facing a split between Fedora and RH Enterpise, it wouldn't
suprise me if they dropped RH Linux.  If they are smart, they would
support Fedora.  Always keep a open hand towards customers of other
venders.

--
: damocles at TheNostromo.com : Bruce Morrow, a man before and after his time :
: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood  :