RH recommends using Windows?

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Tue Nov 4 20:40:21 UTC 2003

> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/linuxunix/0,39020390,39117575,00.htm
>
> Man, has RH really lost that much confidence in Fedora?

Try it out on random non technical and non computing interested users and
things like drivers, picking hardware etc will baffle people. I can see
MJS point. I can also see why Lindows and friends work on bundling deals
for their target market so the hardware actually does work.

What I suspect a lot of people need is actually real 24x7 connectivity
then its viable to deliver thin client computing to homes, or remote
management services (so you pay someone to keep your computer happy just
like you do to service your car or your washing machine).

I know my life would be easier if I could give my parents thin client
access like tightvnc ;)