while we're waiting for Fedora Core (GA) ...

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Tue Nov 4 20:54:10 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 04 November 2003 14:58, nosp wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 19:49, Elton Woo wrote:
> > http://www.linuxant.com/company/press_dldr.php
> >
> > LINUXANT RELEASES NEW DRIVERLOADER™ FOR INTEL CENTRINO, INTERSIL,
> > BROADCOM, ATHEROS, AND OTHER WIRELESS LAN DEVICES
>
> A great candidate for Fedora / Fedora extras, license permitting...

Yes, this does look interesting.  However, ...

Since this does not appear to be open source (from the vendor's description),
it would not be appropriate for Fedora/Fedora Extras.  From the vendor's
description, it appears to be a combination of source and binary software
from Linuxant which implements a "wrapper" and the hardware vendors binary
driver for Windows.  This is similar to how vmware packages things and is
certainly not open source.

Furthermore, although there is a 30 free trial listed, the other software
product is a priced product.
--
Gene