A few questions?

Robert Cavey rcavey at g0mos16.gsfcmo.ecs.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 4 20:57:29 UTC 2003

Redhat people,

I see some new stuff in chkconfig on Fedora, stuff like apm and smartd
and the whole "nptl" tag on the GRUB boot screen.
Are these features only going into Fedora and not your Enterprise
Products?

What is going to be the driving/steering direction as far as the Fedora
Kernel?

Will Fedora be the guinea pig for what goes into the Enterprise RedHat
or the other way around?

DON'T get me wrong .. RedHat's kernels are solid and have all the
attention of all VAR's I have worked with in the past but I hope Fedora
will not be the crash-and-burn-test-dummy platform for kernel testing.

Anyone?