RH recommends using Windows?

Tue Nov 4 21:02:21 UTC 2003

> > , I hate to admit it but, and
>
> That is not entirely correct: many parts of the program you 'think' you
> removed from Windows happily remain sitting in the 'registry'.  If you
> install/remove a lot of software, that registry becomes a mess beyond
> recognition.

I don't know that I consider configuration data part of the program.
At least in Debian, the default when removing a program is to leave
configuration data behind (so if you reinstall it later, you don't have to
re-do the config).  I am curious what RPM does here.

> There are a variety of programs (available at $ 29 - $ 50 a year) to
> clean up that mess: 'Registry Medic', (yes: Medic!)' Registry Healer',
> (yes: Healer!) 'Registry Mechanic'.
> I refuse to use any OS that needs medical attention!

These programs are just silly.

> Albert

 -- noah silva