A few questions?

Tue Nov 4 21:04:59 UTC 2003

> Will Fedora be the guinea pig for what goes into the Enterprise RedHat
> or the other way around?
>
> DON'T get me wrong .. RedHat's kernels are solid and have all the
> attention of all VAR's I have worked with in the past but I hope Fedora
> will not be the crash-and-burn-test-dummy platform for kernel testing.
>
> Anyone?

I think that's what the Fedora "test releases" are for.  f.e. Extended
attributes was removed from the ext3 before the final was released.

I think the ladder of progression is this:
a. put things in the test release that seem to work.
b. If things make it through the test release, put them into fedora core.
c. Since RHEL has such a slower release cycle, hope you have found any
problems in fedora before they make it into RHEL.

 -- noah silva