OOo PPC suport. [patchset !!]

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Wed Nov 5 12:14:31 UTC 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 10:00:25AM -0600, Guy M. Streeter wrote:
> In
> http://people.redhat.com/streeter/
> you'll find some rpms that will make an upgrade go more smoothly.

Could you provide src.rpms too please :)

> A version of yum that doesn't look in the ppc64 arch for ppc rpms.

I assume you hacked archwork.py which is where the compat stuff is done.
Could you post a diff please - I'm just curious as I've been looking at
fixing this, and it's possible you've done this already so it works on
both ppc64 with 32 bit compat and ppc32 only.

> A version of mkinitrd that doesn't require ppc64-utils.

Do you require pmac-utils, I've built a package of that.  I was
wondering about how this package should be structured as ppc64-utils
could provide pmac-utils.

> A version of fedora-release for ppc.

I assume you just edited ExclusiveArch: rather than write ppc specific
release-notes :)

FWIW there is a new YDL kernel available (thanks Dan):

ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/updates/yellowdog-3.0.1/ppc/

Paul