RH recommends using Windows? plus a Question!

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Wed Nov 5 12:30:00 UTC 2003

PFJ wrote:

>>>Personally, I think the statement from RH is complete crap.
>>>
>>>Linux is fit for all and fit for all now.
>>>

>>fit for all ?
>>fit for all now ?
>>
>>==  fit for *all* nvidias powerof3d/demos ?
>>

>If you have the driver and a good enough box, you can use them.

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/linuxunix/0,39020390,39117575,00.htm

[...]Red Hat's chief executive has said that Linux needs to mature
further before home users will get a positive experience from the
operating system, saying they should choose Windows instead.
[...]"I would argue that from the device-driver standpoint[...]

>TTFN

ta ta for now ?

if this would be your answer to an linux-newbie with a "good enough box
without the driver"
he would say "ta ta linux for ever, where is my win-xp cd ?!"

bye

--
shrek-m