upgrade from RH9 to Fedora

Don dnrlinux at san.rr.com
Wed Nov 5 19:06:03 UTC 2003

With advise like "always, always, always put /home on a separate partition"
(and I've heard that more than once) you'd think the install option that
says "delete all (Linux) partitions and repartition automatically" would do
that... create a separate partition for /home

For experts it's fine, but for the newbie, who is likely to just accept
defaults to get things installed.... "doing it right" from the start would
be helpful.

Thanks