ftp install

Fabian Arias fabian at gacel.cl
Thu Nov 6 20:36:47 UTC 2003

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Don wrote:

> I'm trying to install FC1 on one of my ancient PCs using a text mode
> install, and installing via ftp...
>
> I thought I read that I could put the ISOs in a directory and then point the
> ftp install to it?
>
> Do I have to burn CDs from the ISOs, then copy the CD contents back to the
> ftp server?
>
> The install gets an error saying "Unable to retrieve
> ftp://10.10.10.253///Fedora/base/netstg2.img"

Mount by loop the isos into the ftp server into separate
directories named disc1, disc2 and disc3.
When the install asks you for the location, answer the ip and the
path to those directories.
Last night I've installed fedora in my home from the three loopback
mounted isos into my work's http server (same as ftp). Done smoothly.

--
Fabian Arias
fabian at gnome.cl
http://www.dewback.cl/