md5sum doesn't match with BitTorrent

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Thu Nov 6 21:24:27 UTC 2003

Gregory Gulik wrote:

> I used the suggested BitTorrent download of the Fedora isos and the
> first disc is now done but the md5sum doesn't match what's in the MD5SUM
> file that was also downloaded.
>
> Anyone else notice that???

Can't say I did.  BitTorrent is supposed to hash check every piece it
downloads.  When BitTorrent says it's done, you *should* be reasonably
certain that the files you have are what you're supposed to have.

I know that two blocks failed the check during my download, and BT
downloaded those blocks again.  My isos match the MD5SUMS file.