More details on performing FTP installation of Fedora?

Mark G. Spencer mspencer at evidentdata.com
Fri Nov 7 00:13:59 UTC 2003

It doesn't look like I'll be able to install Fedora via floppy boot from my USB DVD drive, so I'm moving to a FTP install.  I copied each disc to its own folder on my FTP server, then realized that I don't know how to start the process from the machine I want to install Fedora on.

I checked out the website and it mentions installation documentation is coming with the next release.

I haven't done a FTP install of an OS before.  Could someone explain to me what needs to be done?  I'm hopefully going to do this on an old laptop with a PCMCIA IBM Credit Card Ethernet II adapter.

Thanks,

Mark