Update to yarrow from Core 0.95 fails

Maurice F. Piller piller at visi.net
Fri Nov 7 01:30:12 UTC 2003

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:
> I would like to upgrade to yarrow from Fedora core 0.95.
> This is does not work.  When it gets to the stage of transferring the
> image to hardrive, it complains that it may be out of space.
>
> Of course, I have plenty of hard-drive space.

Hi Ernest,
I had a similar problem today.  Tried to install Fedora Core 1 on my IBM R30
Thinkpad, got the following error "An error occurred transferring the install
image to your hard drive.  You are probably out of disk space".

Disk space is not the problem.  However, I think my laptop CDROM may be flaky.
 The CD's fail the media check on my laptop but pass on my other computers.  I
will try a network install next.
Chip