FC1 on a VAIO

Michael P. Soulier michael_soulier at mitel.com
Sun Nov 9 02:37:11 UTC 2003

On 08/11/03 Tim Kossack did say:

> "Some Sony VAIO?? notebook systems may experience problems installing
> Fedora Core from CD-ROM. If this happens, restart the installation
> process and add the following option to the boot command line:
>
> pci=off ide1=0x180,0x386
>
> This option allows the installation to proceed normally; any devices not
> detected due to the use of this option will be configured the first time
> Fedora Core is booted."

    I used ide2=0x180 to install Debian. I'm trying this now, and it
seems to work. Fedora is installing now. I'll bring up any problems.

    Thanks!

    BTW, anyone know how to configure the LCD->VGA port switching? It
seems to not be fully implemented in hardware.

    Cheers,
    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <michael_soulier at mitel.com>, 613-592-2122 x2522
6000/6010/60* Development, Mitel Networks Corporation