some problems with core1 on laptop

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Sun Nov 9 05:13:23 UTC 2003

I was wondering about what would hapen if someone only needed acpi for
some things but could still boot their computer into a usable state.
Power management through acpi, I didn't think about. I need it on my
computer, to boot at all, into a usable state.

I like the suggested command to use, *poweroff* , instead of halt to
shutdown the machine. It worked for my laptop and desktop, shutting off
power. It makes it easier to not need to be a root user to power off the
machine. I didn't know the script or program existed.

Jim

--
You will pioneer the first Martian colony.