Fedora and Nvidia ?????

PatrickM patrickm at myway.com
Sun Nov 9 10:49:37 UTC 2003

After installing Fedora (looks really nice!),
I tried to install the Nvdia 4496 driver and ended up with a message telling me that it couldn't install it:
" You appear to be compiling the NVIDIA kernel module with
a compiler different from the one that was used to compile
the running kernel."

If have been looking around (including the Nvidia site) and came up with some difficult sounding solutions: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=d20d4f000c166c7285b258de992d5485&threadid=20628

Since I'm pretty new to Linux, I don't understand much of it (I could install the driver with RH9 though).

Would it be too much asked, but could someone please explain me how to get that thing up and running? Or should I wait for a new updated Nvidia driver (any idea when to expect it) ???

It's just that I'm dying to start using FC1.....

Any ideas or help is very much appriciated!!!!
Thanks!!

PatrickM

"All you have to decide, is what to do
with the time that is given to you..."