Bug # 107312 ... comments, please?

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 23:18:05 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 16:15, Elton Woo wrote:
> On November 11, 2003 03:56 pm, Owen Taylor Owen Taylor <otaylor at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> > There is generally no point in mailing the list when you file
> >    a bug in bugzilla, unless you think the bug is somehow
> >    controversial and in need of discussion.
> Ok. I guess I am unclear on the situation. So I will post these bug
> comments on fedora-list instead, and (probably) should unsubscribe
> from fedora-test-list, right?

If you, say, think you have a fix for a bug, but are not sure
how it interacts with general fedora policy, that would be a great
subject for fedora-devel-list.

If you want to ask, "I see this behavior, and I'm not sure if it's
a bug or not", that would be a reasonable question for fedora-list.

If you just want to say, "hey, look, I found a bug!", that might
better go to /dev/null. :-)

If people are interested in incoming bug reports, perhaps we need some
mechanism for allowing people to watch all new Fedora bug reports, such
as a specialized mailing list. But I don't think that's any of the
existing fedora lists.

Regards,
					Owen