Why is ide-scsi not provided in Arjan's 2.6 kernel?

Willem Riede wrrhdev at riede.org
Wed Nov 12 02:07:21 UTC 2003

On 2003.11.11 19:52, Alan Cox wrote:
> > I should have also said: *Alan* and Linus and everyone is involved, so I
> > who am not worthy will bow out very quickly :).
>
> Was involved. I got bored of wondering why nobody was fixing it in 2.6
> when I fixed it all in 2.4. Ditto porting stuff like hotplug IDE, tho
> I've not looked if that one was done.

And while I would never dare to compare my feeble efforts to Alan's, I have
posted on improvements to ide-scsi on linux-scsi list myself (1).

When recently I decided to see where it stands, and tried Arjan's test 8
kernel, I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked. Hence also my
disappointment to see it disabled.

And to "nosp" - I have every intention to get out my vi, but that doesn't
help if the result won't get used.

Thanks, Willem Riede.

(1) see a/o http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-scsi&m=104361480527780&w=2