frustration: mailing lists and bugzilla reports

Will Backman whb at ceimaine.org
Thu Nov 13 15:49:18 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 10:29, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 15:25, Will Backman wrote:
> > > The status of the bugzilla report as of today: still marked as new.
> > > Frustrating.
> >
> > I figure that some of this is due to a lack of leadership structure.
> > The leadership page is still a draft, mentions an advisory and technical
> > committee, but has yet to add members or even describe how members are
> > chosen.
>
> I don't quite see how it is related. If we select some form of
> leadership, how will the bugs I don't have time to fix get fixed?

While anyone can fix a bug and post an rpm somewhere on the net, many
users only want to draw from "sanctioned" repositories.  At this point,
all the burden is on a few wonderful folks at RedHat to fill those
sanctioned repositories.  I think this is the problem that RedHat is
trying to avoid by making Fedora a community project and also merging
with the fedora.us team.  Why else merge with fedora.us?

We need a way to spread the load, but at the same time providing quality
screens.  I assumed that the "Advisory" and "Technical" committees would
address those issues, although I may have been reading too much into
"the duties, responsibilities, and members of the advisory committee
have not been completely decided."