rhythmbox packages

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Nov 13 18:53:21 UTC 2003

seth vidal wrote :

> On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 12:57, Matthias Saou wrote:
> > seth vidal wrote :
> >
> > [...]
> > > I had to make almost no changes to the 0.5.4 spec file.
> >
> > Heh, yeah... the previous spec was awful, but I managed to get a whole
> > bunch of changes accepted before the freeze, thanks to Jonathan :-)
>
> If I had any spare time, which I don't, I'd love to sit down and look
> atr the gstreamer-plugins package and fix it. It should be a bunch of
> packages with %if statements for enabling/disabling mp3 support easily.
>
> so you could install gstreamer-plugin-mp3 instead of a whole package
> replacement.

Not only mp3, but also flac, alsa and others... I'll try to look into that
very soon, as I'm still using rhythmbox with the xine engine myself :-)
Maybe my changes to the xmms spec file, if made conditional (trivial) could
also be included like the ones to rhythmbox were, as it adds xmms-mp3 and
xmms-alsa sub-packages.

Hmmm, shouldn't this be discussed on fedora-devel-list though? ;-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl
Load : 0.89 1.18 1.14