rhythmbox packages

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Nov 13 19:01:46 UTC 2003

> Not only mp3, but also flac, alsa and others... I'll try to look into that
> very soon, as I'm still using rhythmbox with the xine engine myself :-)
> Maybe my changes to the xmms spec file, if made conditional (trivial) could
> also be included like the ones to rhythmbox were, as it adds xmms-mp3 and
> xmms-alsa sub-packages.

I know someone will be upset but I'd be more than happy for xmms to die.
I used soundjuicer and rhythmbox for a while the other night and I'm a
lot happier from an organizational perspective with those two.

soundjuicer is so incredibly simple - if it only imported the ripped
files immediately into rhythmbox, I'd be incredibly happy :)

> Hmmm, shouldn't this be discussed on fedora-devel-list though? ;-)

probably :)

-sv