rhythmbox packages

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Nov 13 19:37:55 UTC 2003

Doug Stewart wrote :

> seth vidal wrote:
> | I know someone will be upset but I'd be more than happy for xmms to
> die.| I used soundjuicer and rhythmbox for a while the other night and
> I'm a| lot happier from an organizational perspective with those two.
> |
> | soundjuicer is so incredibly simple - if it only imported the ripped
> | files immediately into rhythmbox, I'd be incredibly happy :)
>
> Have you looked at the Beep Media Player (aka GTK2+ port of XMMS)?
>
> http://linux-media.net/beep/
>
> It's not good at organizing like Rhythmbox, but it does represent a
> better version of xmms.

I totally agree regarding xmms... I only use it currently when I need a
random play of a bunch of songs, while making sure none are played twice,
which rhythmbox doesn't do (and with my luck, I often get the same song
played 3 times in a row...). Beep looks nice, I'll definitely try it out.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl
Load : 0.20 1.02 1.30