work around for kernel panic after install of FC1 on a NEW Sata Seagate drive

raxet maxer1 at xmission.com
Thu Nov 13 20:52:30 UTC 2003

I now successfully in part have a dual boot with WinXP Pro and FC1.

However with the good comes always some bad. Since this was a NEW drive,

I followed esban's work around for getting to first, install FC1 but am
having trouble

With the reboot, of course I can boot WinXP Pro, but after booting FC1, I
get

Kernel panic on the root filesystem.

Esban's work around is for a upgraded drive, but not a new install.

Is there away to manipulate grub such that I can some how do a insmod
ft3xx.o (promise 376 driver)

And mount the /dev/sda1 to some where?

Like have grub root=/my/sata drive?

Please help,