Why is ide-scsi not provided in Arjan's 2.6 kernel?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Nov 13 23:14:01 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 18:00, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:
> Alan Cox wrote:
> > I guess submit the patch a few times. It'll get picked up in the end, even
> > if the distor folks do it. Certainly make sure arjan knows about it as
> > the plan is for Fedora 2 to have 2.6.x, and we know that is likely to need
> > a lot of "escaped" patches sweeping up
>
> I hope to see a 2.4.x kernel in FC2 _too_. Otherwise it will be a lame
> distribution.

As was already discussed elsewhere (and this is entirely the wrong list
at this point ;-), it is impossible to take advantage of all of the
benefits that you get with 2.6 and still leave a 2.4.x kernel.  Not to
mention the question of how do you present this to the user.

The right answer is to get 2.6.x to where it doesn't cause FC2 to be "a
lame distribution" by getting it tested and stabilized :-)

Cheers,

Jeremy