CD Ripping doesn't work

rg grant at tuins.ac.jp
Sun Nov 16 01:08:00 UTC 2003

Frank Jahn wrote:

>Hello,
>
>when I try to rip a audio CD under Fedora with kaudiocreator, soundjuicer
>or k3b the following message apears:
>
>Error trying to open /dev/scd0 exclusively (Device or resource busy).
>retrying in 1 second.
>
>lsof /dev/scd0 of fuser /dev/scd0 didn't show that the device is in use by
>another Program or another user.
>
>Any suggestions?

I had the same thing before... cdrecord -scanbus showed that my CD had
gone from the anticipated 0,0,0 to 0,1,0.  My USB memory card had taken
over the 0,0,0 spot, no doubt because I had started the machine with it
plugged in. I just unplugged the card, restarted the machine, and all
was well. Same in your case, I do not know.

rg