Well supported, reliable NICs for Redhat Linux/Fedora?

Klaasjan Brand kjb at dds.nl
Sun Nov 16 09:54:20 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 05:27, DanG wrote:
> Hi folks,
>             Can I get some people’s recommendations on PCI/PNP network
> cards that run very stable under Linux 2.4. I hear the Intel 10/100
> eepro based cards are good but are a little more costly. What about
> D-Link, Realtek, Linksys etc for $10-15 cards. I am only looking for
> 10/100 Mbit cards. Do not even begin to recommend 3com 905 based cards
> which is the cause of my headaches currently with Fedora J.

I'm currently using a 3c905 (rev b, combo version) with fedora without
any problems. I'm wondering what "headaches" it's causing you.

The Realtek cards are ok, but a bit broken by design (the driver works
around that, but don't be surprised when your logs show "hanging
transceiver reset" or other vague messages. I've had no problems with
Intel and Digital cards.

Klaasjan