FC2 and general LDAP Support

Emmanuel Seyman seyman at wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 26 20:20:29 UTC 2003

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 08:01:06AM -0500, Neal D. Becker wrote:

> I'm curious about moving to LDAP server (currently using rdist to sync
> passwords and groups), but I still haven't found a simple step-by-step guide
> to setting up the LDAP server and  copying password and group data to it.
> AFAICT, the only existing howtos are so general that I can't tell what to do.

OpenLDAP comes with the PADL migration tools that can convert your
existing configuration files to LDIF format. You can then import this
into an OpenLDAP server.
Everything is in /usr/share/openldap/migration/ .

Directory Administrator (availible from freshrpms) can let you edit the
LDAP information through a GUI.

Emmanuel