redhat-config-packages bugs

Jim - 815 PIII redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Thu Oct 2 00:45:46 UTC 2003

Either upgrade your comps package with rpm comps*.rpm --oldpackage from
the base on the cd or do what I did on two machines.

rpm -e comps
up2date comps

Since Fedora is going to be version 1 and the numbers are lower than 1
for the second test install (0.94), rpm sees the program as older
(9.0.x) and ignores the "older" version.

The program information is in the comps data and the program information
will be incorrect for RH9's version of comps and test 2's version of comps.

It's like trying to find a city in Iowa, with an Ohio roadmap. Just
upgrade comps, then try again.

Jim