nvidia and severn2 -- an alternative

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 5 08:36:06 UTC 2003

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Pekka Pietikainen wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 04:03:35PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   if you're running the 2.6.0-xxx kernel, go to www.minion.de, and grab
> > the single diff file NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-4496-2.6.diff. (note: while i'm
> > grateful for that site, i find the explanation there virtually
> > incomprehensible.)
> >   i use this constantly as i like to keep up with the 2.6.0 bk patches.
> >
> Which reminds me, anyone else having problems with the minion.de stuff?

no, it's been working for me for a while.  once you --extract-only the
latest (4496) nvidia package, just apply that single patch
from www.minion.de, and take it from there.  this has worked for me
(geforce2go chip) for a long time now, along with the same tweaked
XF86Config file i haven't needed to change for the longest time either.

rday