Supporting NTFS in the kernel

Thorsten Leemhuis thleemhuis at htp-tel.de
Sun Oct 5 18:47:31 UTC 2003

Dave Jones wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 02:55:21PM +0200, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
>  > I would like it very much if the standard kernel would include the read
>  > driver for NTFS
>
> Won't happen due to potential patent problems.

Would it be possible to add some parts of the linux-ntfs-ng driver (or
maybe code hooks) so that they, or somebody else, could provide rpm
packages for the new ntfs driver module? The linux-ntfs Project
currently provides only rpms for the *old* ntfs driver (AFAICS)?

http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/info/redhat.html

CU
thl