How to setup DMA on my CD-RW?

Emmanuel Seyman seyman at wanadoo.fr
Wed Oct 8 23:49:08 UTC 2003

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 06:33:49PM +0200, shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:

> >Welcome to Red Hat Linux,
>
> do you mean especially redhat
> or
> debian, suse, gentoo, yelowdog, ...
> freebsd, openbsd, ...

All these distributions are made of several independant projects
so I guess the same thing applies to them.

> http://www.distrowatch.com/

If you can find how to activate DMA on your CD-ROM from DistroWatch,
you're a better man than I am.

> no standard way ?

Yup. The way Red Hat documents changes is different from the way the
kernel hackers do it, is different from the way the net-snmp developers
do it, etc...

> gazillion number of formats ?

Yup. From html files to postscript, going by sample configuration files,
text, pdf, READMEs, changelogs, etc. You want it, we've got it.

> can you explain what do you mean ?

Well, the point of my post was to point out that "real" documentation
is a very subjective term and that standardizing on any one format
for any and all package documentation is going to be hard, if not
downright impossible.

> where is your problem ??

FWIW, I don't actually have a problem (well, this openobex stuff is a
pain in the @$$, but I digress).
I responded to a post stating that a distribution's release notes are
not considered "real" documentation and attempted to show there is no
such animal.

Emmanuel