DRI missing!

nosp nosp at xades.com
Fri Oct 10 19:14:25 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 20:01, Michael Smith wrote:
> Elton and Group,
>
> I my past experience with nVidia drivers for Linux,
> gears does run, and runs very fast - something like
> 10x compared with the non-nVidia driver.

Yup -- as mentioned to Elton, glxgears runs fine after installing the
nvidia drivers.  However, I believe the original poster was seeing the
DRI error message since a subsequently upgrade of the XF86 Mesa rpm
caused glxgears to print out an error message about DRI being missing;
it was then using the (slower) Mesa OpenGL libs instead of the
accelerated nvidia drivers.