Test / Hardware vendor & FOS relationship database?

Xose Vazquez Perez xose at wanadoo.es
Wed Oct 15 00:48:23 UTC 2003

Laurent GUERBY wrote:
> Hi, for a few hardware products I intend to buy, I've been
> looking for wether or not the hardware vendor has been helpful
> to the Free & Open Source (FOS) community. May be
> I missed an obvious web site, but I didn't find
> anything that would help the average buyer quickly on the subject
> (likely that something already exists though...).

HW vendors and Linux distributions have a lot of information about
compatible hardware, mainly servers:

http://www.pc.ibm.com/us/compat/nos/matrix.shtml
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/linux/
http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/partner/linux/server.shtm
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/alliances/en/os_certifications?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz&~tab=3

http://hardware.redhat.com
http://www.suse.com/us/business/certifications/certified_hardware/index.html
http://wdb1.sco.com/chwp/owa/unitedlinux

http://www.linux-laptop.net

--
Software is like sex, it's better when it's bug free.