Fedora 9.0.95 refuses to install *FALSE ALARM*

Robert L Cochran bobs at lingpgmr.com
Wed Oct 15 01:49:51 UTC 2003

For those people with older systems built before 1996, the CD drive may
not be able to read a 650 Mb CD. It would be expecting a 550 Mb CD. I've
had one case of this. Fixed it by installing a newer model, but still
old, Toshiba CD drive. And yes the new drive is used.

However you won't see this much if at all these days.

Bob

--
Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA