(no subject)

Sean Earp smearp at mac.com
Wed Oct 22 02:26:20 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, October 21, 2003, at 06:52 PM, alton bailey wrote:

> I am running ferora 0.95 my problem is, one of my cdrom went bad and I
> install a new dvd burner after I install the new drive and reboot my
> system the bios only find one drive of the two dvd rom but fedora did
> not detect my new drive at all can some one point me having 0.95
> finding my drive
>
> alton bailey system builder & network operator

Alton-

Where to begin?  First of all, a subject line helps tremendously  (for
that matter, an occasional break for a new sentence doesn't hurt
either).  That way we know what an email is about before we even open
it!  Now if after replacing a drive, your BIOS only sees one drive,
then there is absolutely no chance of Fedora (or any other OS) seeing
things differently than your BIOS does.   As to why your BIOS only sees
one drive, there are a couple of possibilities.

1) The IDE cable is not fully seated on one of the two drives
2) The power molex connector is not fully seated on one of the two
drives
3) You have both drives set as master or slave (or perhaps one as cable
select). This is the most likely possibility.  Make sure that you have
one drive jumpered as Master, and one as Slave, or both of them as
Cable select.

Once the BIOS properly recognizes your drive, Fedora should recognize
it without any problems.   Hope this helps,

-Sean