Network Config

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Wed Oct 22 15:45:44 UTC 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Noah Silva [Mailing list] wrote:

> Which reminds me, any chance of Redhat getting Zeroconf support?  I
> realize that redhat's primary focus is the enterprise, where the norm is
> static IPs and DHCP, but the auto IP, and particularly Multi-cast DNS are
> important for home users.  When I read about this first, I was extremely
> impressed with apple, and then happy to head mandrake had adopted it too,
> but I've been waiting to see who else might ship it out of the box.
> Anyone can install HOWL, but having it set up to reflect the actual
> services the box has installed, etc., is quite another thing.

Interfaces are enabled by default now, but that's the extent of the support.
Something like howl needs to be integrated into the distribution for real,
usable zeroconf support, but that's not currently done.

Further discussion would make more sense over on fedora-devel-list; Reply-To
set.

later,
chris