linux accessibility issues / Assistive Technology, etc.

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Oct 22 20:59:10 UTC 2003

Hi, Elton:

You might want to look at the following urls:

http://accessibility.freestandards.org
http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/redhat/

Elton Woo writes:
> From: Elton Woo <elwoo at videotron.ca>
>
> What moves are afoot to make linux truly user friendly for handicapped
> users? I'm thinking of usablity for blind users (auditory and visual clues),
> amputees (voice input), the deaf (speech output), etc...
>
> And IMVHO, some of these technologies are useful to
> others also (reducing the risks of CTS, as one example), beneficial to
> those with poor typing skills, or the elderly, etc...
>
> ... just bloody curious, that's all!
>
> Elton ;-)
> --
> http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_4504.html
> "You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
> LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.
>

> --

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group