Radeon 9200 Attempt to free NULL pointer

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 08:55:44 UTC 2003

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Steve Ward wrote:

>Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 01:31:56 -0700
>From: Steve Ward <stevewa at spiritone.com>
>To: fedora-test-list at redhat.com
>Subject: Re: Radeon 9200 Attempt to free NULL pointer
>
>FWIW, I'm seeing similar error messages from the ATI proprietary drivers
>on my 9700 Pro card.  In fact on Arjan's 2.6 kernels I can't even run
>accelerated.  I have to build kernels from the Linus tree to get it to
>work at all.  I get the errors there but no oopses.

ATI binary drivers ship with ATI proprietary 2D driver, 3D
driver, libGL, and kernel modules.  None of the source code to
any of that software is available to anyone but ATI.

ATI has a form on their website where you download the Linux
drivers with which to provide feedback on the drivers to ATI.
That is probably the best place to report such problems, as ATI
is the only company or people who can fix your problem.