Games doesent work in Fedora test 3

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Thu Oct 23 17:52:49 UTC 2003

On October 23, 2003 04:39 am, Mike A. Harris , <"Mike A. Harris"
<mharris at redhat.com>> wrote:

> rpm -e XFree86-Mesa-libGL --nodeps
>
> Normally the --nodeps would be strongly advised against for any
> other command.  In this case the idea is "We know we're
> uninstalling this package intentionally because we are installing
> an alternative package which provides the same functionality to
> the applications that require this one".
>
> Then install the Nvidia stuff.  Even then I believe they destroy
> the XFree86 GLX module

Mike, as you had advised previously, I remove the Mesa-libGL
packages *after* any updates from up2date/rawhide, BUT *after*
re-running the nVidia installer. Am I doing this ass-backwards?

FYI, the Nvidia drivers work, but I wonder if my procedure in
this case might have any bearing on this bug: #107652, which
is a constant and regular crashing of nautilus on my system,
when viewing graphics with eog...

Elton.
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.