Open GL screensaver crashes X

Johnny Ljunggren johnny at navtek.no
Fri Oct 24 09:33:59 UTC 2003

fre, 24.10.2003 kl. 11.07 skrev Trond Eivind Glomsrød:
> On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 12:00, Johnny Ljunggren wrote:
> > I'm using a Matrox G450 on a freshly installed FCt3-system with no
> > updates (yet). Whenever the screensaver kicks in, and an Open GL-saver
> > is the next in line, X crashes.

> Do OpenGL programs crash under normal use? Does it happen if you run the
> screensavers from the commandline?

They don't crash under normal use. Both glxgears (program) and
glforestfire (screensaver) works ok from the commandline. Maybe the
problem is related to me running dual head, and the matrox card is
unable to hardware accelerate screen 2? If I start glforestfire and drag
the window to screen two, the window is rendered all black, but it
doesn't crash though.

--
Johnny Ljunggren