flashplayer

Lauri Jutila lists at reforge.fi
Tue Oct 28 08:55:17 UTC 2003

> I tried to install. But it seems to need a dependency
> that was updated. Now should I attempt to install or
> should I try to work it out with mozilla(Basically I
> mean that the plugins are actually present in the
> /home/user/.mozilla folder. And it just seems that
> mozilla is not utilizing them). Has anyone experienced
> this before?

I have installed Flash Player with the installer available from
Macromedia web site. Here's direct link to that file:
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/flash/english/linux/6.0r79/install_flash_player_6_linux.tar.gz
(warning, URL maybe line wrapped).

Run the installer and follow the instructions. After installation,
verify that your ~/.mozilla/plugins/ directory has the following files:
* flashplayer.xpt
* libflashplayer.so

Restart your browser and go Help -> About Plug-ins. You should now see
Shockwave Flash section which contains plug-in information.

Regards,

--
Lauri Jutila
Chief Linux Fellow, Reforge