Up2Date still having problems...

Josh McKenna josh at navilogix.com
Wed Oct 29 16:16:50 UTC 2003

so here's my sob story... a bit more detail this time..

if I do an up2date -u --nosig everything works fine...
sometimes...

the exception seems to be when a new package is available
for a package I have installed, but the new package has a
new dependency that I have NOT met previously...

Also, I have the problem when I use up2date <packagename>
to install a package I do NOT already have, and that package
has dependencies that I don't already have...

If I figure out what rpm's I need to meet the dependencies
before I do it (I can use up2date to get them if they don't
have dependencies of their own) then all is well...

emptying out /var/spool/up2date does me no good either, btw,
tho I do it anyway out of habit now...

to clarify further, the only problem I've run into is the
issue of up2date bonking at the dependency checking phase...
other than that, up2date seems to be working fine, at least
for me...

hope that helps!

-jbm sends

p.s. - is there gonna be a channel on RHN for Fedora Core
when the general release is done? I blew $500 of my
employers money a month ago to buy enterprise entitlements
for RH9, and it feels like I've wasted the money if I can't
keep them up on the latest release...

I know they want me to buy RHEL, but I just can justify
that for mail gateways and dns servers...

maybe they could add a rawhide channel to RHN?